Detective Claude Jean-Pierre
HALEFO will actively work to ... develop and enhance networking opportunities for our members, promote career advancement and professional development, and be a tireless advocate for our members.
Welcome to HALEFO, The Haitian American Law Enforcement Fraternal Organization
As the President, it is not only an honor but also a privilege, to lead this great organization. I am excited about working with a group of outstanding and talented individuals that make up our executive board. We are looking forward to accomplishing many great and exciting things as we lead HALEFO over the next three years.
I am deeply grateful to HALEFO's founders and its former Board members. I am inspired by their commitment and their many achievements over the last 22 years. The organization has come a long way since its establishment. I and my executive board look forward to continuing this great legacy. We will be steadfast in addressing those issues and concerns that impact our membership and our communities.
For the next three years, we pledge to work vigorously with the local community to address many key issues:
• Raising awareness of and providing education about local, State and Federal laws that impact our communities
• Discussing how to handle encounters with law enforcement
• Promoting available educational and job opportunities with the NYPD and other city agencies
• Focusing on Youth education and gang violence prevention through workshops and mentoring
• Developing seminars/workshops and other programs that will help bridge the gap between law enforcement and the community
• Partnering with local community-based organizations, and other fraternal organizations, to advocate for issues that benefit the community long term
We seek to work with our community partners to develop strategic and longstanding solutions to key problems.
HALEFO will actively work to expand our membership, develop and enhance networking opportunities for our members, promote career advancement and professional development, and be a tireless advocate for our members.
I, and the Executive Board, look forward to connecting with our membership, the community, and our partners. We seek to ensure that HALEFO serves as an anchor for our members and a point of reference in our community.
Thank you for visiting our website. Explore the different features. Please provide feedback and suggestions!
As always, Stay Safe! Strength through Unity!
Det. Claude Jean-Pierre,